Location: Barrie, Ontario
Brand: Frigidaire Appliance Company
Type of appliance: Washer/Dryer combo
Customer’s complaint: the dryer becomes very noisy during the cycle.
Diagnostics: the drum movement is not smooth enough, and when the motor is activated, there is an abnormal level of noise. The drive belt is not damaged.
1) The power to the washer/dryer combo was disconnected.
2) Complete dryer disassembly was performed by the appliance technician.
3) After removing the drum, the technician found that the ball and the socket of drum bearing are severely worn.
4) New bearing assembly was installed instead of worn parts.
5) The dryer was reassembled and tested with the customer. Success!
* Note: The bearing and socket damage could possibly occur due to an excessive clothes load that was put into the dryer. Other problems and dryer issues that may be caused by overloading include drive belt and motor damage, longer and non-efficient drying of the laundry, house electricity cut-offs and more.
Carefully check the appliance manual to see what is the maximal weight of the wet laundry that can go inside. As a result – enjoy more efficient drying and a longer appliance life!
This original article is written by one of the APPFIX Inc. appliance technicians based on his professional experience, and this is an intellectual property of this website. No part of this article can be reproduced in a digital or a printed form without a written permission of APPFIX Inc.