Location: Barrie, Ontario
Brand: Samsung Electronics
Customer’s complaint: The washer doesn’t drain the water during the cycle.
Diagnostics: The issue is caused by the drain pump malfunction.
1) Power to the washer has been disconnected.
2) Water lines were shut off and disconnected.
Important note from the appliance technician: the main problems with the repair of a washing machine which is full of water are as follows:
1) The appliance is extremely heavy and it’s hard to move the washer;
2) There is a risk of flooding the customers’ laundry room and even beyond it. As a preventive step, most of the water was taken out manually and the washer was tilted to the 45 degrees angle in order to get a better access to the pump area.
3) The pump motor was uninstalled and tested. The appliance technician discovered an electromechanical failure.
4) The pump was replaced.
5) The SAMSUNG top load washer was reassembled and tested. The washer showed efficient draining after the appliance repair. Success!
This original article is written by one of the APPFIX Inc. appliance technicians based on his professional experience, and this is an intellectual property of this website. No part of this article can be reproduced in a digital or a printed form without a written permission of APPFIX Inc.