Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Brand: KITCHEN AID
Customer’s complaint: There is no heat in the two front burners of the cook top.
Diagnostics: Electronic switches for the front burners are faulty.
Search for the parts required for this repair showed that the specific parts are no longer available, but there are substitute switches manufactured by Whirlpool.
Additional point to consider – all four cook top switches should be replaced and all wire harnesses between the burners and switches should be replaced. The customer has approved the job. The necessary parts were ordered.
1) Power to the stove was disabled. The stove was removed from the cabinet.
2) The cook top covers were removed. The control panel was disassembled.
3) The burners were rewired with a new harnesses kit, which arrived with new switches.
4) The new switches were installed.
5) The cook top was reassembled, the stove was returned to its spot.
6) The burners were tested with the customer. Success!
This original article is written by one of the APPFIX Inc. appliance technicians based on his professional experience, and this is an intellectual property of this website. No part of this article can be reproduced in a digital or a printed form without a written permission of APPFIX Inc.